Monday, May 24, 2010

100th post!

Thanks to both of my awesome readers!

I hadn't realized what a momentous occasion today would be or I would have prepared something special. Unfortunately, I didn't and I haven't, so instead I'll share with you the latest piece in my religious swag collection:



An antique kaleidoscope printed with Bible verses! It's broken - the thing holding the beads in place is smashed up so it doesn't actually work (and I don't think it can be fixed, though if it were possible I'd love to have it done) - but I couldn't pass it up. The guy who sold it to me said he thought it was from anywhere between the early 1920s - the early 1940s. It's not marked anywhere, so his guess is all I have to go on. I'm not sure why it has pictures of snow on it - it goes with the corresponding Bible verse (Job 38:22) , yes, but why that particular verse?

So many mysteries in one little child's toy. Even though it doesn't work, I love it and I wish I knew where it came from.

No comments: