Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yeah, I still exist. This blog hasn't been...Left Behind.

First of all, apologies to both of my readers: I haven't been able to sit down and do anything internet-related in a couple of weeks.

One thing I did get done in my recent days, between bouts of insane busyness, was plow through Left Behind, which I'm pretty sure is, like, Twilight for religious people. It was sexist, it was condescending to non-Christians and the writing was terrible. But I'll probably read the rest of them. What can I say? I like a good apocalypse.

I learned something else that piqued my interest: the series has been given the Muppet Babies treatment. There's a series called Left Behind: The Kids. I was under the impression that those under the age of adulthood were automatically raptured with the Godly adults, but it's entirely possible that I'm wrong.




I didn't take these pictures, can't remember who did.


I'm really way more interested in starting this series than I am in slogging through the rest of the original recipe series. It seems like it would have double the unintentional hilarity - the people writing the first book couldn't write adults' dialogue; I can't begin to imagine how they would write teenagers.

Also, I'm willing to bet money that Lionel turns out to be the token black kid.

No comments: