Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yay Jesus! Oh, we like you too.



The best explanation I can come up with for this cake is that Erin's birthday is on Christmas. It must suck, sharing your birthday with Jesus. You'll always be overlooked.

Or maybe the parents were the sort to think that Jesus realllly wanted them to have a kid, but it took ages for them to conceive as some sort of test, and since they wanted it badly enough and prayed hard enough, Jesus gave the sperm a little extra push for them. Nine months later, Erin. But I hope not, because I find those people moderately annoying. I'm not saying there's no God and there's no greater plan (nor am I saying that there ARE those things), just that I really have a hard time getting behind the "Jesus answers your prayers IF HE LIKES YOU ENOUGH." But then, as my dad used to say, these people don't have God; they have Santa Claus on a cross.

No comments: