Monday, August 16, 2010

Time to get our flair on




#1: Odd, but not much to say about it. Band-Aids seem like a weird way to invoke religious imagery.

#2: They missed an opportunity here. "Jesus transforms lives" or something like that; it'd be easy to caption!

#3: Cute idea, good execution, no complaints here.

#4: Not a bad idea, but the visuals aren't quite doing it for me. Why is the cross bleeding?

#5: A definite winner. I love the detail that went into this one.

#6: Remember that commercial? Yeah, I'm guessing no one does any more. But once again, people will religify anything and everything.

#7: Thinking outside the box on this one, I gotta give credit for that. Mountain Dew turned into the phrase "meant to die?" Impressive.

#8: Heh. I see what you did there.

#9: One of the classic parodies, and man, every time I see it, I want a peanut butter cup. Probably not the intended message.

#10: This one'd be cute for a kid's t-shirt.

#11: This one just depresses me. Why would you be proud of being bitter? And I'm pretty sure that Jesus never said anything about the right to bear arms. But, you know, it's been a while since I read that part.

#12: Well, yeah, he did that one time, but then he didn't have those holes in his feet! (It's a good thing I don't believe in Hell, because otherwise I'd be headed there so fast.)

#13: Uh...thanks? I'm not even sure what this is trying to reference; last I checked, gods are immortal. Any insights?

#14: I've seen this acronym before, and it's something else I just don't get. Like, I like frogs, but I'm not sure what on earth they have to do with religion. And weren't frogs one of the plagues on Egypt when God was uber-pissed? Why would you make that a symbol of your faith? Also, this flair is really badly executed.

#15: I get the riff on "In Jesus's name I pray," but...do people really consider themselves to be playing sports in the name of Jesus? It wouldn't entirely surprise me, what with people who thank the J-man for winning Grammy awards and stuff.

#16: Hate to break it to you, but religion isn't a superpower. What the fuck does that even mean?

#17: Cute concept. Could be a little less blurry.

#18: Stupid. If they had said the Bible was God's LiveJournal, that would have made sense. This makes none. Just because it has the word "book" in it doesn't make Facebook an actual book.

2 comments:

Sadako said...

I love the Reese's and Tide ones. Jesus washing people's sins away sounds so detergent-y. And there's something inherently campy about detergent ads.

coulrophobic agnostic said...

I love the appropriated logo ones. If the t-shirts weren't so expensive I'd have a huge collection of them. Alas, $15-$25 new is too much to pay for a shirt I probably wouldn't wear.